About this Program
- Students will learn from industry-attuned faculty that are talented professionals.
- Instruction provides real hands-on experience through learning and working in Canada’s first Teaching Brewery, as well as an on-campus 4-acre hopyard.
- Students are eligible to obtain Institute of Brewing and Distilling (IBD) Certification.
- Program is advised by the Ontario Craft Brewers Association and national program advisory committees.
- Through a partnership agreement with Olds College, the Brewmaster and Brewery Operations Management program will also be offered at Olds College, Alberta.
Graduates can pursue careers in:
- Beer making
- Brewery operations
- Brew pub operations
- Licensee and agency sales and operations
- Marketing and public relations
- Retail sales
- Special events
The Ontario Craft Brewers are excited to be working together with Niagara College to train and develop graduates that meet the needs for a skilled workforce in our brewing industry.
Ontario Brewery Podcast
Listen to Brewmaster student Jamie Shillow discuss the Brewmaster program with host Mirella Amato, and brewmaster Phil DiFonzo of King Brewing on the Ontario Brewer podcast.
Admissions and Availability
Future Study Options
Niagara College offers graduate certificate options in several study areas to qualified college and university graduates. These certificates can add to your existing credentials and prepare you for the world of work.